About Me

My photo
Hi! my name is Lisa, and my company is Little Angel Knits. As the name suggests I mostly knit, but I occasionally dabble in other arts as well. The name of my company derives from my niece. She is such a miracle, and she inspired me to start knitting even before she was born. I am just starting out, but keep checking in to see how I do pursuing my dream!

Monday, October 29, 2012







In these times of knitting hats, mitts and socks, I want to recommend the slip-knot cast-on for a really stretchy edge. I have used a version where you just keep doing slip knots, but it's really hard to get them even. Jeny Staiman (I'm a big fan) demonstrates a great way to do it better in this video. I like to cast on on a slightly larger needle and then passing them over to my circular needle, it makes it easier to knit the first row which can feel a bit tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment